Become a Host
Welcome to our Host Owner Landlord section
You will find here all the information you need: FAQ, registration form and bank details.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact us via email or telephone.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a host family, please fill in this online form and we will send you a welcome letter with rates and information, please also send in some photos of your rooms and communal areas to email@example.com.
Please note we have a sister website roomforrent.ie you can list your room/s for free and then guest contact you directly to see if they can book your room. You can register on both of our sites.
New Garda Vetting Application Process 2023
It is a requirement by Law that if you wish to host a student who is under the age of 18, you and any adult person living in your home over the age of 18, must be Garda Vetted.
Please note that in accordance with the National Vetting Bureau Act, 2012, as amended, we cannot accept Vetting disclosures from other sources such as your work, clubs, etc.
1. Each adult who lives in your home ( person 18 years and over ) will receive a link via the email address provided (please check spam/junk folder also) . Please ensure each applicant completes the online vetting invitation form (NVB1) and uploads proof of identification such as a driver’s license or passport and a copy of a utility bill or bank statement/credit union that includes your current home address and which was issued within the previous 6 months.
2. Once checked we then transmit this to Irish Vetting services who will then arrange for you to receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau (firstname.lastname@example.org) containing a link to the Garda Vetting online form.
3. You have 30 days to complete the process (but please complete as soon as you can), it will ask for your name, DOB and passport number and all the addresses that you have lived at since birth ( if you have any questions at this stage you can ring us on 0852668618) then, if required, print a copy of your completed form for your reference, if you wish.
4. If everything is correctly submitted we will then receive an email in 8 -10 days with the ‘vetting disclosure’ which is the name of the document issued by the vetting bureau
5. We will keep a copy and forward one to you for your records. it is valid for 3 years but only applies to Host Family Dublin Ireland
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact :
Sonia Clayton - 0852668618 - Garda Vetting Administrator
Frequently Asked Questions
( we place students/leaders together in areas, all over Dublin and Ireland):
- International school students coming for short stays 4-7 days age 13-19
- Intern students coming for work experience 1-3 months age 16-25
- Summer programmes - 3-4 week stays 11-19 age studying and sightseeing
- Immersion summer students - they spend all their time with the family
- Academic students who go to Irish secondary schools aged 15 -16
(we offer them your room & location and they choose where they want to stay):
We have just launched our new sister website to help hosts receive lots more bookings www.roomforrent.ie
- Mature language students ( attending English Schools in Dublin )
- Academic year students ( attending Trinity, RCSI, IADT, DCU, UCD)
- Transition year students 15 -16 age various schools around Ireland
- Internships ( University students -working in businesses to gain work experience
- Contract workers, nurses, cabin crew, etc.
- Foreign workers here to study & work improve English
- That you have a tidy, well maintained, clean home ( think if you were arriving at a B & B what standard would you expect, the biggest complaint from guests and Agencies are unclean and untidy homes )
- Your home has wifi and you offer a warm welcome to your guest, on arrival show them bus stops/meeting points etc.
- Room only booking please allow reasonable access to the kitchen & washing machine, or please advise us if you do not allow use.
- If we place students who are under the age of 18 ,we like to come and do a home visit giving us the opportunity to meet you and answer any questions.
- Photos of your room and communal areas ( this helps us rent your room ) please email them asap email@example.com
If we place students who are under the age of 18, you must be Garda Vetted, either through us or through the Agent or Language school who is paying you, we also like to come and do a home visit giving us the opportunity to meet you and answer any questions.
Once you register with us we will send you a welcome letter with all the various rates available, it changes with the type of booking and also with the Agent.
It is your home and your house rules, please explain your house rules to your student on arrival so everyone understands what is expected.
For longer term stays and private bookings it is recommended and show them how to lock up securely.
Rent a Room Relief may not apply to Host Family Income. It is the Host Family's responsability to seek professional advice with regard to taxation of Host Family Income.
For private bookings where the guest pays you directly, It is up to the host to decide if you wish to ask your guest for a deposit, this should be told to your guest in writing prior to their arrival to your home, It is also up to the host to ensure that they have adequate home insurance.